Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Nosey Cat Helps With Infrared Testing

Ian has lent me his infrared converted Fuji XE-2 and so took it for a walk round Toft with three different lens to see how I got on as my infrared conversion (known as 'The Brick')  is of a Canon 1D mkII which is definitely not a travel camera. All three lenses proved ok when a monochrome profile is applied (8mm Samyang fisheye and 23mm and 35mm Fuji). The results are different to my Canon conversion - in monochrome they are very reminiscent of the back and white infrared film that I used for years and I liked this. I didn't get on so well with colour images - the first is the only one in this set I liked and there I have desaturated everything except the eyes. I made a custom profile for conversion but was not able to get a colour rendering that I liked and the two wider lenses showed 'hot spots' in the central areas - see last three images. 
 





No comments:

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so