Monday, October 27, 2014

A Walk along the Thames at Greenwich I

For once, I had to admit to an overcommitment of time and pulled out of attending the PAGB Finals in Ormskirk as I needed Friday and Saturday to catch up with life after the 5 days of chaos with the grandchildren. I was sorry to miss the event but pleased to hear Cambridge did well - just missing a place in the Final 8 by 1 point and coming second in the plate by 1 point. 
By Sunday things were straighter and I felt able to join the CCC trip to Greenwich led by Alan Clarke - many thanks for a great day out. These images are from the end of the day - I will post more from earlier in the day when time to sort them. The panorama shows the area visited. We started our day in Silvertown where we parked and then by DLR to Canary Wharf. Here we refreshed with a coffee, took a few images and then used the DLR to Greenwich Cutty Sark area. We took the SouthThames path along and round the Greenwich Penisula to the O2 building; then by the Emirates Cable car back to Royal dock area. The day was grey and overcast until we arrived at the Crystal building when the skies cleared to give lovely evening light over the Royal Docks.



No comments:

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so