Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Reyjkavic Opera Building (Harpa)

I am just about through documenting our iceland trip a month ago. Mostly I have slotted these into the correct position on the Blog as it makes the production of my yearly diary more straightforward but I thought I would share the last two before redating them. Harpa is an asymmetrical glass building on Reykjavík’s harbor, resembling a shimmering iceberg. It was opened in 2010. At the time of the financial crash in 2008, the private unfinished project appeared to be a symbol of all that was wrong in the country - greed, opulence etc. But the government took over the project and completed it  and it is now the pride of the city.We had only a brief time there in very dull light but I still was in awe of the shapes and colours.

No comments:

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so