Monday, December 23, 2013

Waders etc at Welney

 There are very large numbers of waders on the Ouse Washes at the moment - the water level is pretty low so there is plenty of mud. Apparently there were also a couple of Peregrines and, though we didn't see them, the Black-tailed godwits were constantly taking flight and reeling round in dramatic shapes.. The change of the flock from black to white as they turned from back to side intrigued me.
A Water Rail took off right in front of me. I had only a slowish shutterspeed but love the walking-on-water posture. The final swan image is my favourite where a Whooper is preening its feathers in the high wind.

1 comment:

David L Hone said...

The swan is so beautiful, I can visualize your print versions of that.

A winner !

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so