Friday, January 28, 2011

Printing Notes

A further couple of weeks have passed since I last described the stages in producing a screen print from my Winslow Edge image. I am posting a few notes to help me remember so I can repeat the stages later.

Place the film with emulsion side against the backing sheet of the film in a vacuum frame. The positive is between light source and film so exposure is through backing sheet of film.
The mid tone and black were exposed for 1.75 min and the backgroung 3.5 mins 1000 watt UV lamp.

The Film was developed in tray of 1.5% hydrogen peroxide (1 to 11 of St B stock) for 1 min (or 90 secs) shiny side down.
Wash out unwanted emulsion with hand hot water (?41-43C) (shiny side down)
Placed washed film down with matt side onto the screen. Dry and press flat with newsprint and roller.










Dry and use blue masking fluid to cover area around the emulsion. When dry remove backing from film. Attach the screen to the press, put on registration markers for the paper and cover all rest of vacuum bed with newsprint. Ready to spread the ink and start printing.

No comments:

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so