Monday, July 5, 2010

Wimpole and the Amazing Dragonfly

A couple of images from a trip to Wimpole Hall - there had been a scything workshop the weekend before so there were a couple of hay waggons in front of the Hall creating great timeless images. The sky was incredible on Saturday when I took these images.







This Emperor dragonfly was laying eggs in one of the ponds at Barton - a drop of water on its eye is acting as a magnifying glass so you can see all the individual ocelli of the enormous compound eye.

1 comment:

Ian Wilson said...

Much prefer the monochrome hay wagon: somehow colour images never quite manage to be timeless! There's an interesting artefact which I can't quite get my head around, as the trees and chimney pots both have a pronounced white border. It's almost as if one of the colour channels (red?) is slightly out of registration. Maybe you'll be able to enlighten me? :-)

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so