Monday, September 28, 2009

Barn Owls in Norfolk

Today I revisited the site where I saw a barn owl leave the barn yesterday evening. I went a bit earlier and was rewarded by the sight of the owl leaving the barn as I approached.

When I was there yesterday I went into the barn and saw the nesting box up in the eaves. I was aware that there were still noises coming from near it but thought at the time it was rats. Today I decided to have another look at the box and photograph it. Just as I raised my camera a second owl came out of the box . I didn't have a fast enough shutterspeed for a clear photo but was thrilled to see it so close. I left quickly, sat a little way away and the owls returned to the area.

No comments:

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so