Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Green-Winged Orchids

I had it in my diary to visit a site somewhere for Green-Winged Orchids and hadn't found time to go to any on my list. I was therefore delighted to find a field full of these wonderful flowers close to the B&B that I was staying in near Wymondham. The conditions were 'interesting' with thunderstorms interspersed with very bright sunlight so I tried a variety of techniques from the first shallow depth of field (f7.1 100mm macro), to getting down low in number 2 so background is distant so I could use more depth of field (f14 100 mm macro) to the fish-eye view in number three. There was an amazing variety in the colour forms present. According to a local it is an extra specially good year. 
Thanks Wymndham Photographic Society for their warm welcome last night.

No comments:

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so